Friday, March 20, 2009

Joy of Helping

“… ye may each become a lighted candle in the world of humanity, may be devoted to the service of all mankind, may give up your rest and comfort, so that ye may become the cause of the tranquillity of the world of creation.”
- Abdu'l-Baha



I visited “Atma Jyoti – a home for the blind girls” few times and recently I got a chance to help my friends there to write exams. From the first time I went there, we (the visually challenged girls and my friends from Little Angels High School) became very good friends. Our teachers motivated us a lot to do some good for others and when the visually challenged girls needed help to write exams, I immediately volunteered to do it.
I got chance to write Social Studies exam. I write that exam for my friend Pooja. She is a very polite girl and very friendly at same time she is eager to learn and very intelligent. She was prepared very well for the exam and as soon as I would read the question, she would narrate the answer completely and repeat every time I needed. I am sure that she’ll get very good marks and I will be as happy as her in her success.

-Roma Kukreja